I bought myself an iPad2 a few months ago. It was hard to fork over the $500 plus but now I can say, beyond a doubt, it was a worthwhile investment. It runs flawlessly, which has sold me on Apple products. It is so well built that when I accidentally dropped it on the floor, the screen didn't even flash. Oh, and I love the 10-hour batter life! Fantastic!
As time goes on, I'm sure I'll discover many other uses for this wonderful tool, but for now it has:
- Simplified the process of updating my social networking pages
- Enabled me to build story ideas on-the-go with apps like Writers App (pictured above)
- Placed a library at my fingertips with iBooks. I am now reading more than I have in years.
- Allows me to take video and photo wherever I am. This has been very useful for book signing events because I used to always forget to bring my camera.
- Allows me to display covers and art for my current and upcoming book releases at book stores and schools.